Hey it’s the direct download link for The Pedalshift Project 120: Touring Alaska on and off a tandem (mp3)
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
- Hope you’re enjoying the Katy Trail saga! We’re taking a breather this episode to fit in an interview I did with Ella Embree as she tackles a big tour of Alaska! Chapter 3 will be coming next week, so stay tuned! Check out chapter 1 and chapter 2 if you haven’t yet!
- I wanted to take a second to thank everyone for the support of the show recently – I wanted to do something special for the Katy Trail tour journal and it takes more time and effort to pull it together. If you’re liking what you’re hearing consider supporting the show through the Pedalshift Society… it helps make this extra content and touring stories possible!
The interview: Touring Alaska with Ella Embree
- Ella, you’re about to start an amazing adventure… 1000 miles of cycling in Alaska! What’s the ride route look like, especially to people who aren’t familiar with the state?
- What got you interested in doing this ride?
- A portion of the ride will be on a tandem bike – what are the differing challenges between riding a single versus a tandem for a ride like this?
- Will the gear you bring differ based on sections and what services are available (or not available)?
- A day out from the beginning of your ride – what’s the thing that excites you most and what the thing that feels most daunting?
- Where can people learn more about your ride?
Help support the show and join the Pedalshift Society with monthly or one-shot contributions!
Mark Van Raam
And all anonymous and past contributors for helping make this show happen!
You’ve been hearing about Jason Kent and his music for many fine episodes. Their latest album may be their best yet. Go get it.