We gather together some great bicycle touring minds for the 100th edition of The Pedalshift Project! On this edition, it’s a roundtable talking about bicycle touring stories, and even touch on the future of bicycle touring.
Hey it’s the direct download link for The Pedalshift Project 100: Bicycle touring past, present and future (mp3)
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
The Bicycle Touring Roundtable
Super great to meet Aqua and Cameron for the first time and enjoy some beers with Brock, Aaron, Cat, and a whole host of others. What a fun night!
We also learned about the origin of the big stick on the ceiling… go check out the illuminating info from the creator of the The Big Stick:
- What’s your connection to bike touring?
- Most challenging day/moment on a bike?
- If you couldn’t live in Portland, where would you be?
- The place you haven’t toured yet, but want to.
- Is bikepacking going to replace pannier-based touring?
- Share your favorite Pedalshift moment? I mean, you listen to the show, right? 😉
- Big thanks to Brock, Aaron, Guthrie and Cat for being a part of the roundtable!
- Shoutout to Sprocket Podcast
- Shoutout to Brock’s new pod Playlist Commentary, and I’m on episode 4 – playlistcommentary.com. Subscribe here (RSS) or on your favorite app soon.
Shifty the Elf returns for the 3rd Annual Pedalshift Holiday Spectacular, episode 101 on December 21st!
Help support the show and join the Pedalshift Society with monthly or one-shot contributions!
Mark Van Raam
And all anonymous and past contributors for helping make this show happen!
You’ve been hearing about Jason Kent and his music for many fine episodes. I got news for ya. New. Sunfields. Album. Is. Out. I’ve heard it. It’s top notch. Go get it.