On this episode of The Pedalshift Project, we explore slow travel and its relevance to your bicycle adventures. We also circle back to our previous discussion on eBikes, reflecting on some listener feedback and exploring the evolving role of eBikes on the future of bicycle travel.
Hey it’s the direct download link for The Pedalshift Project 346: Slow Travel by Bike.
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109
E-Biking Adventures Follow-Up
- A recap and appreciation for the previous episode’s guest, Biking Brian.
- Discussion on the high listener engagement and feedback from the eBike episode.
- Future implications of e-bikes in bicycle travel.
- Addressing listener feedback on the capabilities of commercially available e-bikes for touring.
Slow Travel by Bike
- Defining Slow Travel
- Embracing the Journey – the importance, the rewards, the opportunities
- Slow Travel Planning
- Slow Travel Benefits
As always we like to close out the show with a special shoutout to the Pedalshift Society! Because of support from listeners like you, Pedalshift is a weekly bicycle touring podcast with a global community, expanding into live shows and covering new tours like this summer’s upcoming bike tour! If you like what you hear, you can support the show for 5 bucks, 2 bucks or even a buck a month. And there’s one-shot and annual options if you’re not into the small monthly thing. Check it all out at pedalshift.net/society.
Mark Van Raam
Dan Gebhart, RIP