I always learn something every time I tour… and this go around is no different. Listen in on my lessons and takeaways from The Missing Link tour of southern California!
Hey it’s the direct download link for The Pedalshift Project 285: The Missing Link – Takeaways (mp3).
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at email@example.com or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109
The Missing Link – Takeaways
- Check your bike before you go
- Know your options for bailouts
- Accept the generosity of others
- Listen to your body – plantar facts
- Flying these days? Extra time!
- Riding in and out of airports is much easier these days!
- Call an audible sometimes – that ride from LA to the beaches was fun ss heck and not part of the original plan!
- Schwalbe Marathons are bulletproof new, but they do wear down from Superman to Clark Kent depowered from Superman II. Highly mortal.
- The trick to installing Marathons – grip and slide from the opposite side of where it becomes super hard to get that last bit of bead seated. HUGE difference!
As always we like to close out the show with a special shoutout to the Pedalshift Society! Because of support from listeners like you, Pedalshift is a weekly bicycle touring podcast with a global community, expanding into live shows and covering new tours like this summer’s upcoming bike tour! If you like what you hear, you can support the show for 5 bucks, 2 bucks or even a buck a month. And there’s one-shot and annual options if you’re not into the small monthly thing. Check it all out at pedalshift.net/society.
Mark Van Raam
Dan Gebhart, RIP