Hey it’s the direct download link for The Pedalshift Project 146: Bicycle touring the Gulf Coast (mp3).
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at email@example.com or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
Special thanks to CycleBlaze for sponsoring this episode of the show!
Next Pedalshift Live will be February 2019 – stay tuned!
A quick note on sponsors
- What got you into bike touring?
- What was the plan for this tour?
- What were you riding?
- What were the general plans for nights (what type of camping, etc.)?
- Were you cooking at all? If so, what was your go-to meal? If not, what types of places were you stopping at? If a mix, let us know both!
- Natural Disasters
- Hurricane Michael
- Solar charging
- Voltec solar charger
- Texas: “no” public land, so stealth camping isn’t a good option (lots of private land)
- State and county parks plus RV parks occasionally
- Rethinking decisions (i.e. what would you have done differently with hindsight?)
Quick wrapup here about supporting the show through Pedalshift Society. With listener support, we’ve expanded the show to weekly, added tour videos, moved the Tour Journals from pay to in-podcast and helped pay for improved equipment and all hosting fees. And its all thanks to the people you hear in the end credits. As we reset to a new year, why not add your name to the list? Five bucks, two bucks or even a buck a month helps keep things going, and you can cancel anytime. There’s also annual and one-shot options too if you’re not into the small, monthly thing. Added bonus, it’s all working again if you’ve had trouble signing up! Check out pedalshift.net/society. On to the society!
Mark Van Raam
Byron Paterson (a name I pronounce properly now)
Ray Jackson (New, and I forgot to add to the pod! Mea culpa!)
And all anonymous and past contributors for helping make this show happen!
You’ve been hearing about Jason Kent and his music for many fine episodes. Their latest album may be their best yet. Go get it.