Annalisa van den Burgh returns with her touring partner Erik Douds to chat about the new iteration of their Miles of Portraits project as they tackle 1000 miles touring Alaska. We talk about their plans, dealing with bears, touring with Type 1 Diabetes and much more.
Hey it’s the direct download link for TThe Pedalshift Project 122: 1000 Miles of Portraits touring Alaska (mp3)
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
The Interview – touring Alaska on Miles of Portraits
Annalisa van den Burgh
– Did the Northen Tier in 2008 with Teen Treks. Seattle to New York.
– Did the TransAm in 2017 – mix of solo and cycling with friends. Yorktown, VA to Seattle.
– Took pictures of the people I met in a project called 4000 Miles of Portraits.
– Her blog is called Work from Bike – it’s a blog and design studio on wheels.
– Check her out on insta at instagram.com/annalisavdbergh
-She was on episode 107 plus on The Sprocket Podcast.
Help support the show and join the Pedalshift Society with monthly or one-shot contributions!
Mark Van Raam
And all anonymous and past contributors for helping make this show happen!
You’ve been hearing about Jason Kent and his music for many fine episodes. Their latest album may be their best yet. Go get it.