Hey it’s the direct download link for The Pedalshift Project 110: Fine tuning the Olympic Peninsula bike tour plus another beginner series installment (mp3)
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at email@example.com or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
The Journal – Olympic Peninsula bike tour snags and solutions
- Weather looks COLD. What I’m doing to prepare.
- Plans for 2nd night took a big hit. BOTH campgrounds I was looking at are closed. What to do?
- Cape Disappointment SP – long day, 74 miles and then sets things too close for final day.
- Another county park nearby wasn’t open
- Settled on… Pitchwood Alehouse – short day, but ends in beer, a warm bunkhouse, and perhaps most importantly a pretty dope alehouse. Anyone in the area who wants an informal meet up that Friday night, give me a heads up at firstname.lastname@example.org and come on by!
My Touring Brompton Build
Route planning (day by day)
Explaining to others you’re not crazy when you tell them you’re going to do this
Training when you can’t bike (due to travel or weather)
Fundraising goals and woes
Help support the show and join the Pedalshift Society with monthly or one-shot contributions!
Mark Van Raam
And all anonymous and past contributors for helping make this show happen!
You’ve been hearing about Jason Kent and his music for many fine episodes. Their latest album may be their best yet. Go get it.