A winter bicycle tour on the C&O is a rare treat for me… but warm February weather in the DC area made it impossible to resist. Come along for the ride with Belle Starr and me!
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at email@example.com or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
The Journal: The magical mystery winter bicycle tour
- Washington, DC to Swains Lock
- Check out the campsite review:
- A relatively large battery (20.400mAh 100W output).
- That said, it’s way heavier than comparable 20.4mAh batteries and bigger too.
- 2 USB ports with smart charging tech that maximizes power and minimizes charge times.
- Flow through charging – power devices while charging the battery (great for one outlet situations)
- The difference (and reason for the bulk) is the ability to charge AC power with a “regular” plug (3 prong for US and similar countries; European and other outlets available too)
- I love the screen that gives detailed battery data so I know precisely how much juice is left
- The weight makes it more of a “camp” battery – wouldn’t keep it in a handlebar bag.
- I think this is great if you are doing a longer ride with (a) spotty access to AC, and (b) AC powering needs.
- If you’re only in need of USB power, this is not the battery for you. There are cheaper and lighter/smaller batteries.
- More 5 stars
- Hey, how’d you find the show?
A big thank you to all of the monthly supporters of the show! If you like what you hear, you can help me keep the show listener-supported while expanding the offerings. Five bucks, two bucks or even 1 helps with the costs of hosting the podcast and the website, and you can do it for a bit and cancel anytime. One-shot support is welcome if you’re not into the small monthly thing. Check it out and join at pedalshift.net/society. And society members please go to pedalshift.net/stickers and let me know where to send some Pedalshift stickers to you! On to the Society!
Mark Van Raam
And all anonymous and past contributors for helping make this show happen!
The Pedalshift Project theme is America courtesy of Jason Kent off his self-titled solo album. Check out his band Sunfields‘ latest release, Habitat, wherever cool music resides. And a little birdy tells me Jason’s recording some new music. More when I know…