A first hand report on what it’s like cycling Italy, well at least in Tuscany, plus can my raspy voice hang on for a preview of my upcoming Halloween weekend ride on the C+O and connections with Friends of the Show from all over the world? You’ll have to listen to find out!
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at email@example.com or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
- Avoid during hurricane remnants
- Hills are no joke – steep and windy near Lucca where I rode
- Roads are narrow but it doesn’t stop people from biking
- Really good cycling culture – leans a lot more toward road bikes and heavier commuting bikes. Saw a few folders!
DC-Harpers Ferry Halloween Spooktacular
- Riding out for the Halloween weekend
- Less about miles and more about enjoying the ride and bike camping for the first time in months
- May do a transit fast forward Friday depending on daylight and my desire to camp further out
- I’m planning on recording the trip and sharing pieces on the next show
- Trying out Amtrak’s rollaboard service Sunday to max out my biling time out… The bike cost more than me!
Gear Talk bonus next week on Traveling with a Brompton
The Pedalshift Project theme is America courtesy of Jason Kent off his self-titled solo album. Check out his band Sunfields‘ latest release, Habitat, wherever cool music resides. And a little birdy tells me Jason’s recording some new music. More when I know…