Listen in on a campfire chat about simple touring by bike on location at Marble Quarry campground on the C+O towpath. Hear the crickets and frogs chirping… the occasional owl hooting… sip on a beverage of your liking (maybe something strong?) from your cup. It’s the closest thing to actually being there.
Who else has some early bike touring overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show email@example.com or call the brand new Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
- Phoenix Bikes fundraiser
- About Phoenix Bikes
- C+O Canal NHP
- TEDx talk on dehydration (But this is the one Nathan was referring to)
- Whites Ferry cable ferry across the Potomac River
- Simple touring: What does it mean?
- Technology on tour and in life
- Experiencing life at bike pace vs. motorized vehicle pace
- Hiking the AT and the PCT and bike touring parallels
- Open ended touring vs. detailed planning – finding a balance
- Being ambassadors for bike touring – “there’s no one way”
- Bike tourism as an economic development engine – Oregon study
- The story of Justice Douglas in rescuing the C+O
- Car-free living
- Elly Blue’s Bikenomics (a great read – recommended)
- Electric vehicles + driverless vehicles as a paradigm shift: 17 Ways Driverless Cars Could Change America
- Why bike touring?
- How to handle the separation from your significant other while on tour
- A reminder: give a few bucks if you can to Nathan’s good cause
Images from the Ride
The Pedalshift Project theme is America courtesy of Jason Kent off his self-titled solo album. Check out his band Sunfields‘ new release, Habitat, wherever cool music resides. And hey, new video for Ghost!