I may have only been bike touring the Oregon coast last week, but there’s a lot to say about it! On this episode we also cross over with The Sprocket Podcast 315 to celebrate our partners and how they put up with our antics on and off the bike. Plus… a rant in part 2!
Hey it’s the direct download links: The Pedalshift Project 057: Bike touring the Oregon coast and saluting our partners for putting up with us (Part 1) (mp3)
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at email@example.com or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
The Journal: Bike touring the Oregon Coast
- Tillamook County Transportation: The Wave
- Pacific City and Webb County campground – H/B rate is $19 but it’s all about location
- Maybe breaking up with Pelican?
- Relentlessly Oregon dinner
- Day 2 ride to Beverley Beach SP
- Beautiful stretch – nice climb and descent to Lincoln City
- Lincoln City is great for pancakes but not for riding
- Beautiful vistas and beach access
- Tsunamis and Earthquakes – The Really Big One (The New Yorker, July 2015)
- Beverley Beach campground redeemed: great amenities!
- Shoutout to Tim from Cinci
- Short day to South Beach SP begins with ride to Yaquina Head lighthouse
- South Beach SP – a gem
- Rogue Brewer’s On the Bay
- An early wake up
- Lincoln County bus to Albany and train to PDX
A nearly perfect trip: simple, fun and easy. Didn’t need to push and make miles… Got to linger and savor the central coast. Feeling like a full coast trip with transit aided FF return is in the cards next time.
Thanks to everyone for joining for Pedalshift AM – it was a fun experiment to do some live shots on tour. May do some more with that in the future… Go check them out on Facebook!
Pedalshift Tour Journals Vol. 7: Oregon Coast will be available soon in Pedalshift Plus! If you got to listen along with the quasi-live feed and want to hear any previous volumes, check them out in the Pedalshift Plus archives – it all goes to supporting the show!
A big thank you to all of the monthly supporters of the show! If you like what you hear, you can help me keep the show listener-supported while expanding the offerings. A buck, two bucks or even 5 helps with the costs of hosting the podcast and the website, plus the Pedalshift Society allows me to do cool new things I’ll be rolling out in future shows. Check it out and join at pedalshift.net/society.
If you’re interested in one-shot support, consider something over at Pedalshift Plus and get something cool in return! If the Oregon coast talk is interesting, consider Pedalshift Tour Journals Vol. 1 my epic Pacific Coast tour with multiple daily podcasts chronicling my ride in 2014. You can get that at Pedalshift Plus. On to the Society!
- Ethan Georgi
- Matt Buker
- Kimberly Wilson
- Caleb Jenkinson
- Cameron Lien
- Andrew MacGregor
- Michael Hart
- Johnny K
- Josiah Matthews
- Keith Nagel
- Brock Dittus
- David Kolb
Thank you for supporting the show!
The Pedalshift Project theme is America courtesy of Jason Kent off his self-titled solo album. Check out his band Sunfields‘ album, Habitat, wherever cool music resides. I heard Jason’s new album in January and it is AWESOME. More info when that drops!