On this episode…a wrap up of the border to border tour from sunny San Diego, connections with listeners, plus an interview with a few of the people I biked with.
Hey, download episode 006 directly.
- Tour wrap up and thoughts
- The Fish Taco Challenge
- My bike has a name: Sequoia sempervirens
- Tour Journals podcast – pedalshift.net/tourjournals for a day by day look at the tour
- Mini tour in NH has been scuttled – I hope to do a cabin tour soon, perhaps an Amtrak aided one with the folder to shake things up.
- Do not break your ribs or clavicle. I understand it sucks.
- Episode 004 followup… Scott Morgan (@scottmacs) mentioned his first bike was a modified mountain bike with a rack.
- Joe Bruce (@joebruce) listened in on the show and iis going to be doing the border to border tour soon
- Brock Dittus (@brockmon/@sprocketpodcast) would have rocked some Dandy Warhols accompanying vocals with me downhill in the rain a few weeks back in Oregon
- And many, many more… thank you for all the favorites and follows the past month plus!
MVPs of the tour:
- Schwalbe tires – no flats!
- Arm coolers – I used Pearl Izumi, but there are other brands.
- New Trent battery + dynamo hub
- Apple: iPhone 5, 11” Macbook Air and iPad mini with retina screen
- Google Maps bicycling routes (except…)
Hugo is at cyclelover.net.
Kristian is at thanksforcycling.com.
Don’t forget special guest Zoe and tour favorite the pedaling yeti… looking very relaxed here
post-tour near LA during some rest days:
Subscribe + Connect
Hey, The Pedalshift Project is on iTunes (we’ve even been featured in the Outdoors section already!) but if you like you can use your favorite aggregator (like iCatcher on your iPhone for instance), with old timey RSS. Email me at email@example.com – I’d love to bring more voices to the show!
The Pedalshift Project theme is America courtesy of Jason Kent off his debut album. Check out his band Sunfields‘ new release, Habitat, including this track, wherever cool music resides: